Resources - Loretta's Intimates
How Do I Care for My Bras?
Wearing a bra fitted to your individual shape and tastes enhances your appearance and improves your comfort. Proper care is essential to maintaining the garment’s appearance and shape. Loretta’s Intimates recommends the following “wear and care” guidelines:
- Avoid wearing your bra more than twice between washings. The elastic in even the finest bras needs to recover after a day of wear.
- Have a minimum of three basic bras: One to wear, one to wash and one ready to wear.
- For best results, hand wash your garments in a lingerie wash, then rinse the garments in cool water for a few minutes. This will help restore the garment’s stretch. Lingerie wash can be used for hand washing and machine washing.
- Wash your lingerie in a delicate detergent specially formulated for bras and fine lingerie. Normal detergents, bleaches and even delicate soaps can destroy elastic and lace.
- Always line dry your lingerie. Dryers destroy elastic.
- Do not wring out or twist garments to remove excess water. Twisting the garment can cause snagging and alter the shape of the garment.
- If you machine wash, always fasten the back hooks of the bra to avoid snagging. Use a lingerie bag for best results.
- Strap positions may move after wear and washing. Readjust straps to their original position before wearing.
Storage & Traveling
- Fold your bras gently and store in a lined drawer to prevent misshaping or snagging from uneven surfaces.
- Use a lingerie travel bag to keep lingerie together and to help avoid crushing in the suitcase.
- Travel with a small container of your favorite lingerie wash. We recommend Forever New.